The Venezuelan-based Cisneros Television Group (CGT) completed its acquisition Wednesday of 90% of Imagen Satelital, Argentina’s largest pay-box programmer and distributor, for a total of $112 million, $5 million more than previously reported (Daily Variety, May 16).Gustavo Cisneros, chairman and CEO of the group, said the acquisition proves the Cisneros Group’s commitment to become a Spanish content provider. Changing channels Imagen owned a total of nine channels, including Infinito (documentaries) Space (24 hours of movies) Jupiter (24 hours of comedies) I-sat (movies for a younger audience), Uniseries (weekly series) and Venus (adult). The purchase gives Cisneros the distribution rights to six additional channels: news network Cronica TV, Chilean news channel Universidad Catolica Chile, music channels Much Music and Solo Tango and Spanish channels Galeusca and Galicia.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania