While there’s still no official word from the studio, station sources say Columbia TriStar Television Distribution is stepping up efforts to launch a syndie daytime strip hosted by Donny and Marie Osmond for fall 1998. CTTD sales execs are pitching Chicago stations this week after making the rounds in New York and Los Angeles. Buyers in the top three markets give the concept mixed reviews, but there’s a growing buzz that a nouveau Donny and Marie might just pack enough pop-culture punch to work at a time when TV seems to be embracing everything retro.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California