While there’s still no official word from the studio, station sources say Columbia TriStar Television Distribution is stepping up efforts to launch a syndie daytime strip hosted by Donny and Marie Osmond for fall 1998. CTTD sales execs are pitching Chicago stations this week after making the rounds in New York and Los Angeles. Buyers in the top three markets give the concept mixed reviews, but there’s a growing buzz that a nouveau Donny and Marie might just pack enough pop-culture punch to work at a time when TV seems to be embracing everything retro.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California