Good news from Memphis for “Access Hollywood”: The first-year syndie entertainment magazine strip from NBC and Twentieth TV is getting a timeslot upgrade on ABC affil WPTY.“Access Hollywood” has faced downgrades on many stations, including Fox O&Os, over the past few months as it struggles to gain a foothold in the competitive access daypart. As of today, the show moves from 1 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on WPTY in the country’s 42nd-ranked market. On the other side of the country however, “Access Hollywood” was bumped out of the lucrative 6:30 p.m. slot on KSTW Seattle last week, when the station switched network affiliations from CBS to UPN. In the No. 12 market, “Access” now airs at midnight, with a repeat run at 12:30 p.m.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut