ABC has given a full-year pickup to its latenight frosh strip “Politically Incorrect With Bill Maher,” meaning the show will be on the web’s latenight schedule through the end of 1998.Web officials said they’re pleased with the show’s performance to date, although it typically trails NBC’s “Tonight Show With Jay Leno” and CBS’s “Late Show With David Letterman.” “Politically Incorrect” bowed on cable’s Comedy Central in 1993, gathering a lot of media attention with its confrontational and eclectic panel format, in which various notables humorously debate current events. The show moved to ABC last January. Monday’s announcement during ABC’s portion of the semi-annual Television Critics Assn. press tour in Pasadena.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut