The new WNBA women’s basketball league scored impressive ratings in its debut weekend. The league’s inaugural Saturday game on NBC, the New York Liberty vs. the Los Angeles Sparks, scored a 3.7 rating and a 12 share, topping all other sports broadcasts that day and nearly doubling the projected 2 average rating for the eight-week season.Sunday’s Charlotte-Phoenix game on NBC did a 2.7/7. After a one-week breather, WNBA coverage resumes July 5, leading up to an Aug. 30 championship game.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California