:”The Ludendorff Pirates,” a World War II action novel published almost 20 years ago, has been optioned by Warner Bros. for Shuler-Donner/Donner Prods.The book, written by John Herman Shaner and Al Ramrus, is about a group of allied hijackers who pose as German sailors to take over the largest German battleship of World War II. The book was optioned in the six-figure range. The book was published by Doubleday in January 1978. Its option now comes during a wave of World War II-era projects in development, many of them actioners. Project was brought in by Mills Goodloe, VP of production at Shuler-Donner/Donner. Stu Robinson of Paradigm repped the writers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut