WASHINGTON — Telecommunications Subcommittee chairman Billy Tauzin (R-La.) had originally hoped to land Oprah or Rosie O’Donnell for his Friday stunt hearing on the TV program ratings, but instead he has settled on former NBC and ABC newsman Sander Vanocur.The hearing will take place in Peoria, Ill., where Vanocur will moderate a discussion among 300 Peoria families about the effectiveness of the current TV ratings system. Also expected to appear at the hearing will be Motion Picture Assn. of America topper Jack Valenti, National Cable Television Assn. of America president Decker Anstrom and National Assn. of Broadcasters president Eddie Fritts.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut