Union negotiators for broadcast technicians and reps for Disney-ABC broke off talks Monday as a contract was set to expire at midnight.The union — National Assn. of Broadcast Employees and Technicians/Communication Workers of America — has not called a strike, but cautioned in a statement that such a move or “other economic action could occur.” Union officials said that they are rejecting company proposals that would expand the network’s ability to make daily hires, as well as plans to end the policy of layoffs by seniority. They also are in dispute over the jurisdiction of some technicians in the new technology area. ABC officials could not be reached.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut