A pair of winners for outstanding achievement in animation were announced Wednesday for the 24th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, with color director Kexx Singleton taking an Emmy for “The Lion King’s Timon & Pumbaa — Beethoven’s Wiff” and background artist Barbara Schade earning an award for ABC’s “The Magic Pearl.”The animation Daytime Emmy is a juried award for a single episode of a series or special, meaning there can be a single winner, more than one or none in the category. The Daytime Emmys will be presented May 21 in a ceremony from New York’s Radio City Music Hall and telecast from 8 to 10 p.m. on ABC.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania