A pair of winners for outstanding achievement in animation were announced Wednesday for the 24th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, with color director Kexx Singleton taking an Emmy for “The Lion King’s Timon & Pumbaa — Beethoven’s Wiff” and background artist Barbara Schade earning an award for ABC’s “The Magic Pearl.”The animation Daytime Emmy is a juried award for a single episode of a series or special, meaning there can be a single winner, more than one or none in the category. The Daytime Emmys will be presented May 21 in a ceremony from New York’s Radio City Music Hall and telecast from 8 to 10 p.m. on ABC.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California