A pair of winners for outstanding achievement in animation were announced Wednesday for the 24th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, with color director Kexx Singleton taking an Emmy for “The Lion King’s Timon & Pumbaa — Beethoven’s Wiff” and background artist Barbara Schade earning an award for ABC’s “The Magic Pearl.”The animation Daytime Emmy is a juried award for a single episode of a series or special, meaning there can be a single winner, more than one or none in the category. The Daytime Emmys will be presented May 21 in a ceremony from New York’s Radio City Music Hall and telecast from 8 to 10 p.m. on ABC.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut