TNT has snapped up the syndicated sci-fi series “Babylon 5″ for a fifth season of originals, renewing the series with a 22-episode order after distributor Warner Bros. TV opted to drop the show. New segs will begin airing on the cable net in January (Daily Variety, Feb. 27).The pickup comes on the heels of TNT’s previously announced deal to make a pair of feature-length “Babylon 5″ films, one of which also will air in January. Expecting to be canceled, the show’s producers had already shot a final episode that will now be broadcast next spring.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California