TNT has snapped up the syndicated sci-fi series “Babylon 5” for a fifth season of originals, renewing the series with a 22-episode order after distributor Warner Bros. TV opted to drop the show. New segs will begin airing on the cable net in January (Daily Variety, Feb. 27).The pickup comes on the heels of TNT’s previously announced deal to make a pair of feature-length “Babylon 5” films, one of which also will air in January. Expecting to be canceled, the show’s producers had already shot a final episode that will now be broadcast next spring.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut