TORONTO — Telefilm Canada, the federal film and television funding agency, said it invested C$82.7 million ($59.5 million) in 154 new Canadian TV, feature film and multimedia production projects from Dec. 1 to March 31.About half the money was contributed through the equity investment program of the Canada Television & Cable Production Fund. Telefilm assisted 65 English-language television dramas, documentaries, children’s programs and variety shows and 13 feature films. The program also helped finance 40 French-language TV projects and nine French-language feature films.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut