Dennis Shue has joined Bruce Berman’s Plan B Entertainment as vice president of development, responsible for bringing in and setting up projects at the Warner Bros.-based company.Shue also will work with agents, managers and the New York publishing world to identify and obtain properties. Plan B also includes Kevin McMahon as VP for creative affairs. Shue had been director of development at El Dorado Pictures, Alec Baldwin’s production company, which is based at Castle Rock. Before that, he was a development assistant/story editor at Witt-Thomas Films and, earlier, an agent trainee at United Talent Agency. Shue already is working on several projects at Plan B. “Dennis has a strong instinct for identifying unique, accessible material and for developing relationships and story ideas,” Berman said in a statement. “He has a background in business and the arts that is both broad and deep; I think that his experience and taste will make him a great asset to our company.” Shue also has been a publishing associate at Random House in New York, where he reported to Harry Evans, president and publisher of the Random House Trade Group.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut