ROME — Italian telecommunications holding company STET has begun negotiating with Canal Plus, the majority shareholder of Telepiu, to involve STET’s digital TV venture Stream in the Italo pay TV company’s satellite operations. National pubcaster RAI also is expected to be brought in on the deal.RAI’s administrative board gave its authorization March 20 for negotiations to proceed for the development of a strategic collaboration with STET in the field of digital satellite and cable television. In other RAI news, the pubcaster’s exclusive pact with Disney for all free TV broadcasting rights has been renewed for another four years. The board also announced the appointment of Roberto Pace and Gianfranco Noferi as heads of development, respectively, for two new thematic channels dedicated to culture and children’s programming, to be launched in September.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania