Screenwriter Gregory Poirier (“Rosewood”) will adapt John Grisham’s “The Runaway Jury” for director Joel Schumacher. Poirier will work on the script as it heads for a start in October. Pic is from Warner Bros. and New Regency Prods. Grisham and T.R. Pearson wrote a first draft of the script, but as the pic heads into casting and a start date, the production needed a screenwriter based on the West Coast, Schumacher said. Poirier also wrote the script “Gossip,” which is set up at Schumacher’s Warner Bros.-based production company. ICM reps Poirier.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California