MONTREAL — At the first Malofilm Communications annual meeting since founding CEO Rene Malo sold the company to BHVR Communications, new president Robert Hogan announced that the Montreal-based distrib and producer has ended its acquisitions binge and will be spending the next 12 months consolidating the new divisions.One of the companies acquired by Malofilm over the past year was producer-international distrib Image Organization of L.A., and Hogan said Image now will handle international sales for all of Malofilm’s feature pics. Malofilm is stepping up its acquisition and production activity in large part thanks to the purchase of Montreal-based production house Filmline Intl. “Image has output arrangements with partners around the world and they’re perfectly placed to market films from Filmline, Image, and Malofilm,” Hogan said at Wednesday’s meeting.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania