Lillian Birnbaum, mother of casting director and TV writer Harriet Helberg, died Dec. 15 at her home in Marina Del Rey following a lengthy bout with colon cancer. She was 76.A native of New York, she was married 53 years to Philip Birnbaum, formerly of the vaudeville dance act Burton & Fields. He later managed the Roxy Theater in New York City. In addition to her daughter, Birnbaum is survived by another daughter, a brother, a sister, and two grandsons. Family suggests donations to Friendly House.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut