Producer David Kirkpatrick picked up the dramatic comedy script “Bruno” for his production company, Original Voices. The price was not disclosed.The story, written by first-time screenwriter David Ciminello, is about the relationship between an extremely overweight Italian mother who is broken-hearted over her husband’s abandonment and her confused, cross-dressing 8-year-old son. The story is set in New York against the backdrop of a Catholic school and the boy’s controlling and oppressive nuns. Jonathan King, formerly a production exec with Miramax Films, is executive producing the project. Kirkpatrick has a deal at Rysher Entertainment. Literary agency Hohman, Maybank, Lieb negotiated on behalf of their client, Ciminello.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut