Start-up producers Kingman Films have come up with an enterprising way to identify new screenwriting talent: They’ll give half a million dollars each to new screenwriting talent in the drama, comedy and action genres — and then they may even produce the winning screenplays. The King Arthur Screenwriters Awards were announced in October, and Kingman is currently trying to line up studio deals for the winners, while also working on more modestly budgeted pictures.Aspiring filmmakers can also make appointments via Kingman’s Web site (kingmanfilms.com) for in-person pitch meetings with founder Arthur Chang every Thursday afternoon.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California