Start-up producers Kingman Films have come up with an enterprising way to identify new screenwriting talent: They’ll give half a million dollars each to new screenwriting talent in the drama, comedy and action genres — and then they may even produce the winning screenplays. The King Arthur Screenwriters Awards were announced in October, and Kingman is currently trying to line up studio deals for the winners, while also working on more modestly budgeted pictures.Aspiring filmmakers can also make appointments via Kingman’s Web site (kingmanfilms.com) for in-person pitch meetings with founder Arthur Chang every Thursday afternoon.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York