KABC-TV has hired Mendelsohn/Zien Advertising, which has created ad campaigns for such clients as Carl’s Jr. Restaurants, BMW and Clothestime, as its agency of record for its long-term marketing activities, the station has announced.The agency will be responsible for the strategic and tactical positioning of all advertising activity for the station. KABC prexy and G.M. Arnold Kleiner said the station needed to hire the agency to continue marketing itself ef-fectively in an increasingly fragmented TV market. “We must move beyond conventional wisdom, out-think the industry and evolve our focus to embrace changing consumer dynamics,” Kleiner said. “Mendelsohn/Zien Advertising is an extraordinary adjunct to the management of this station.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut