Readers of The European newspaper were recently invited, via an ad reading, “Want to appear in a feature film?” to help finance the feature “An Ideal Husband” with a minimum investment of 1000 pounds ($1600). Wilde Films, based at Britain’s Pinewood Studios, offers the chance to watch a day’s shooting and be an extra in the adaptation of the Oscar Wilde play … as well as tax benefits and, presumably, eventual profits.Potential investors are warned, however, in rather small type, that “there is no recognized market for the shares in Wilde Films plc, so it may be difficult for the investor to sell the shares or to obtain reliable information about their value or the extent of the risks to which the shares are exposed.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania