Peter Langham’s “Rites of Winter,” a coming-of-age story set among high school students, will kick off a new program of undistributed films presented by the Independent Feature Project/West under the umbrella “New Visions.” The bimonthly screenings will take place at the Writers Guild Theater, with the premiere set for tonight at 7:30.“It’s an opportunity for quality work to be seen by our members and to be exposed to those in the industry looking for new talent and new films,” said IFP/West program director Alex Nohe. “We did this in a very small way with a series called ‘Director’s Cut’ but were very limited by our screening space. The new program allows us to reach a much wider audience.” The series is co-presented by Eastman Kodak with assistance from the WGA and Guinness Imports. For further information and reservations, contact the IFP/West at: (301) 475-4379.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania