Competition is under way for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ 49th annual Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards, skedded to be presented May 31 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.The deadline for entries was Jan. 21. Eligibility is restricted to Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 1996. Out-of-town judging to de-termine nominees and winners will be between March 1 and April 11, with nominations announced April 24. Co-chairs of the Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards Committee are Hal Eisner and Socorro Swan. Vice president of the L.A. Area branch is Don Tillman.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut