Helmer Spike Lee drew a crowd to the Guild Theater in Gotham Wednesday to unspool his docu “Four Little Girls.” Pic, about four black girls who were murdered in a 1963 church bombing in Birmingham, Ala., features commentaries by Coretta Scott King, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and Walter Cronkite. HBO bankrolled “Four Little Girls” for a February 1998 bow, but is allowing Lee to launch the pic at the New York Film Forum so it may qualify for a docu Academy Award. Appearing at the preem were novelist Walter Mosley, talkshow host Rolonda Watts, Jeanie Ashe, Isaac Hayes, singer Cassandra Wilson and Isaac DeBankole.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania