Helmer Spike Lee drew a crowd to the Guild Theater in Gotham Wednesday to unspool his docu “Four Little Girls.” Pic, about four black girls who were murdered in a 1963 church bombing in Birmingham, Ala., features commentaries by Coretta Scott King, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and Walter Cronkite. HBO bankrolled “Four Little Girls” for a February 1998 bow, but is allowing Lee to launch the pic at the New York Film Forum so it may qualify for a docu Academy Award. Appearing at the preem were novelist Walter Mosley, talkshow host Rolonda Watts, Jeanie Ashe, Isaac Hayes, singer Cassandra Wilson and Isaac DeBankole.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California