Darrien Michele Gipson has been promoted to director of development at Def Pictures, the L.A.-based pro-ducer of Gramercy Pictures’ upcoming “Gridlock’d.”Gipson, who joined the company as creative executive in 1995, is now responsible for securing new talent and scripts. In addition to “Gridlock’d,” she has been involved in developing such Def projects as “How To Be a Player,” “Fast Girls” and “Servy-N-Bernice.” Before Def, Gipson worked for the Samuel Goldwyn Co., Walt Disney Pictures and Scott Rudin Prods.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut