The Geffen Playhouse will stage the West Coast premiere of the Alan Ayckbourn-Andrew Lloyd Webber musical “By Jeeves” as the third production of its inaugural season. The musical will run five weeks, March 4 to April 6.“By Jeeves” is a chamber musical based on characters created by P.G. Wodehouse. The musical was first staged in 1975 as “Jeeves” before a revised version started a run in London’s West End last year. The musical premiered in the U.S. at Connecticut’s Goodspeed Opera House. “By Jeeves” joins “Ragtime” as musicals that will premiere in Los Angeles this spring before moving to New York.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut