Tony Ball has been installed as the first prexy and chief operating officer for Fox/Liberty Networks, where he will oversee all day-to-day entertainment and sports operations for the cable network FX as well as the Fox Sports Net operations and Fox Sports Intl.The announcement was made Wednesday by Fox/Liberty Networks chairman and CEO David Hill, to whom Ball reports. “Tony is the perfect man to handle the various operations of this enormous venture,” Hill said Wednesday. Hill and Ball previously worked together at British Sky Broadcasting, where between 1993 and ’96 Ball held the positions of production and operations head for Sky Sports and G.M. of broadcasting. Ball became prexy and chief operating officer of Fox Sports Intl. in June of ’96, overseeing Fox’s non-U.S. sports channels in North America as well as Latin America, Asia and Australia.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania