The inaugural EIC Awards, which will recognize the outstanding efforts by the entertainment industry to de-emphasize the depiction of violence and drugs, are set for April 29 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.The ceremonies, a partnership of the Entertainment Industries Council Inc. and the National Institute on Drug Abuse, will present honors in seven categories: Feature Films; Direct-to-Video; TV Programs; Live Music or Music Videos; Interactive Software or Games; Individual Volunteerism; and Community Service. In addition, two individuals will be bestowed with the Larry Stewart Leadership and Inspiration Award, for their offerings of public image, creative choices, activities and personal example. The awards will be in memory of Stewart, a writer-producer-director who was a founding board member of EIC.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut