For its remake of “Dr. Dolittle,” 20th Century Fox is using its animal magnetism to attract an ensemble cast to star opposite Eddie Murphy in the Betty Thomas-helmed pic.Lending their pipes to the various animals the good doctor treats in the film, are “Saturday Night Live” veteran Norm McDonald, who entrusts his sardonic wit to a dog; “Pulp Fiction” heavy Ving Rhames voices a tiger; comedian Chris Rock squeals like a guinea pig; “The Pest,” John Leguizamo, is a mouthpiece for a rat; “All in the Family” matron Jean Stapleton sounds out for an owl; and Paul Reubens (aka Pee-wee Herman) portrays a raccoon. Additional animals are yet to be cast, and according to hairy sources, among those with offers to play a pigeon is Garry Shandling. John Davis and David Friendly produce the holiday release.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut