Wing Chao has been promoted to executive vice president for master planning, architecture and design for Walt Disney Imagineering.He reports to Imagineering president Ken Wong. Chao, who had been senior vice president, is responsible for providing design direction for Disney’s resorts, hotels, corporate facilities, entertainment complexes and cruise ships. He also directs resort renovations. Chao joined Disney in 1972 and was instrumental in the master planning of Disney Village and Epcot projects. He was upped to VP of the Disney Development Co. in 1984, and guided the design and development of more than 100 projects. Among those he has worked on: Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland, as well as long-range plans in Orlando and Anaheim.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut