LONDON — The Discovery Channel has inked a deal with the Romanian Cable Assn. (APRCC) for distribution to more than 1 million Romanian cable TV subscribers.The documentary web will air 10 hours per day, five hours of which will be subtitled in Romanian. No financial details were given but the agreement extends into 2001. Discovery was previously available in Romania through the cable operator Metromedia to about 460,000 households. The new deal with APRCC supplants that with Metromedia. In Europe, Discovery is based in London and reaches 12.5 million households in 26 European countries in 11 languages.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut