Joseph Dicso will receive the Directors Guild of America’s Franklin J. Schaffner Award, given to an associate director or stage manager in recognition of service to the industry and the guild.Dicso has worked as a stage manager on numerous TV programs since the 1950s, including many NBC news shows and specials and programs such as “Omnibus,” “Kraft Music Hall” and the Grammy Awards. He has devoted much time to working on DGA committees, and was elected to the guild’s AD/Stage Manager/PA Council. He currently works on “Dateline NBC” and other NBC and MSNBC news shows. The award will be presented by Marilyn Jacobs-Furey, the assistant secretary treasurer of the DGA, at the DGA Awards on March 8 at the Sheraton Hotel in New York. It will be announced at the Century Plaza Hotel on the same evening.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut