Jonathan Demme and Oprah Winfrey have begun negotiations on Touchstone’s adaptation of Toni Morrison’s novel ”Beloved” following a meeting between the two last week (Daily Variety, Jan. 9). The project, which would be produced through Harpo Prods., will be directed by Demme and star Winfrey as a slave who is haunted by the ghost of the baby daughter she killed years before. A June start is planned.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut