Sean Connery is in final negotiations to star as the arch-nemesis in Warner Bros.’ “The Avengers” for producer Jerry Weintraub and director Jeremiah Chechik, sources said.Connery had been talking about joining the project for a couple of weeks (Daily Variety, March 27), but his involvement now is solid. The project will start shooting June 2. He’ll join Ralph Fiennes (as Jonathan Steed) and Uma Thurman (as Emma Peel) in the film based on the 1960s British TV series. Connery will shoot for five weeks in the first evil character he has portrayed since starring in 1957’s “Action of the Tiger.” Connery also is negotiating to star in the Ron Bass-scripted thriller “Entrapment,” which the actor’s production company Fountainbridge Films would produce at Fox. Connery is repped by CAA’s David O’Connor and Bryan Lourd.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut