James C. Naify has been tapped senior VP of film for Century Theatres. He will report to David Shesgreen, who has just been boosted to exec veepee of corporate development and programming for the S.F.-based exhib.Naify, who will oversee the film-buying division of Century, will begin his new post after the wrap of ShoWest, which concludes today in Las Vegas. He most recently was senior veep and general sales manager for Fox Search-light Pictures. Shesgreen will take the lead in developing new properties for the chain, which is in the midst of a major expansion program. The growth plan, pegged to the slogan “1,000 by the Year 2000,” concentrates on building sites west of the Mississippi, with a focus on the Pacific Northwest.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut