LONDON — The Netherlands will host the 1997 MTV Europe Music Awards, MTV Europe announced Friday, with Rotterdam’s Ahoy Stadium selected as the venue for the two-hour live show Nov. 6.On board for two of eight live performances are U2 and British pop phenom the Spice Girls. Other performers and presenters will be announced at a later date. The Ahoy can accommodate approximately 6,000 people. MTVE estimates the show will have a potential global audience of about 1 billion. The Viacom-owned MTVE will have been in Europe for a decade come August. This is the fourth year for the annual European MTV awards. Last year, the awards were held in London at Alexandra Palace and the event was viewed, according to MTVE, by an audience of roughly 500 million. Paris was the location in 1995, Berlin in 1994.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut