Virginia Mary Nilsson, an employee of the Screen Actors Guild for nearly 35 years, died May 20 following a short battle with cancer. She was 74.A native of New Jersey, she moved to California in the early 1950s and went to work for the American Guild of Variety Artists for several years. She became an employee of the Screen Actors Guild in 1956, working primarily in membership services. She eventually rose to the position of supervisor of membership services. Nilsson is survived by her husband, Alfred L. Nilsson, three daughters, two brothers, four grandchildren and one great grandchild. Family suggests donations in Nilsson’s name to the Screen Actors Guild Foundation.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut