William Morris TV directing and talent agent Chris Simonian has ankled the agency because of a contract dispute that capped more than a year of simmering tensions with his boss, Steve Glick, who runs the TV directing department. Last May, a dispute between Simonian and Glick erupted into a physical altercation between the two. Glick would not say what led to the fight, but he said, “It’s not something I’m proud of.” The fracas isn’t what ultimately led to Simonian’s departure, Glick said. Simonian was offered a new one-year contract in the talent department, Glick said, but he did not consider the offer acceptable. Simonian is believed to be headed for CAA, but neither he nor CAA would comment. William Morris has hired Gary Pearl to take Simonian’s place in the directing department.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London