In a small synergistic shift, Seagram exec William A. Sutman has been named VP and controller for Universal Studios effective Feb. 18, the studio announced Tuesday.Sutman is currently serving as vice president of audit for Seagram & Sons, overseeing the company’s massive worldwide audit functions. Bruce Hack, exec VP and chief financial officer for Universal, said Sutman had “contributed significantly” in various corporate finance roles since Universal was acquired by Seagram in 1995. Sutman worked on acquisition and due diligence teams that investigated the studio as well as on the team that designed post-acquisition integration steps for U and Seagram. He joined Seagram as director of European Treasury Operations in 1992. Before that he was with the Price Waterhouse accounting firm in New York.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut