Joel Loy, an award-winning senior correspondent for “Inside Edition” who had been with the show since 1989, died Saturday in Rochester, N.Y. after a long illness. He was 50.While with “Inside Edition,” Loy led the show’s team coverage of the O.J. Simpson trial and is credited with breaking the story of the Mark Fuhrman tapes before they were introduced into the criminal trial. Loy began his broadcast career in Rochester with a 14-year stint at WOKR-TV as a cameraman, film editor, general assignment reporter and magazine show host. He also co-hosted “P.M. Magazine” at WTTG-TV in Washington, D.C. Loy is survived by his wife, Linda, two children and a brother.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut