Gaetano (Guy) Costa, veteran recording engineer and nephew of Frank Sinatra arranger Don Costa, died Feb. 11 at his home in Westlake Village of pancreatic cancer. He was 54.In the 1970s, Costa worked with Motown Records and the Gordy company as VP of operations and VP-managing director of the studios. From 1987-88, he served as president of Society of Professional Audio Recording Services (SPARS), and in 1988 he founded Quadim, a real-time tape duplication and CD mastering company. His final project was mastering Lionel Richie’s “Louder Than Words.” He is survived by his wife, Nancy, as well as two sons and two daughters. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Make a Wish Foundation, (800) 332-9474.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut