Chandler Cowles, an Emmy-nominated TV and theatrical producer, died Feb. 1 of a heart attack in New York City. He was 79.A native of New Haven, Conn., Cowles served as a naval officer throughout World War II. He was aboard the battleship U.S.S. California during the attack on Pearl Harbor. Following the war he settled in New York City, where he produced such works as Gian Carlo Menotti’s “The Medium” and “The Consul.” In 1983, Cowles received Emmy nominations for his work as executive producer and writer of “I, Leonardo: A Journey of the Mind,” a CBS documentary on the life and work of Leonardo DaVinci. He is survived by his wife, two sons and two grandchildren.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut