Bert Gold, an award-winning producer of television documentaries and feature films, died of cancer Aug. 10 in Los Angeles. His age was not reported.Gold began his career in production at the David Wolper Co., where he worked on a wide variety of projects including the Jacques Cousteau documentaries. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for “Making of a President” and won the Christopher, Media Access and Easter Seals Communications awards for the television movie “Kids Like Us.” He also produced many series and telefilms. In 1972, Gold traveled to China and Russia with President Richard Nixon to document the historic trips for the government archives. Gold is survived by his wife, Sylvia; and sons Barry, David and Edward.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut