Alvin T. Kajita, veteran TV sound engineer, died May 7 of lung cancer at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles. He was 55.Kajita entered the industry in 1972 as an apprentice sound editor and subsequently became a member of Local 776. He cut sound effects for 20 years, working primarily for Columbia and Warner Bros. He won three Emmy awards for editing on “Police Story,” “QB VII” and “China Beach.” He also won Golden Reel awards for each of these projects. Kajita is survived by his parents, a sister and numerous nieces and nephews. Donations in his memory may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut