Albert Burkinshaw, who sang with some of the legendary big bands of the 1930s and 1940s, died May 18 of unreported causes in Los Angeles. He was 88.Burkinshaw, who went by the name Burt Shaw, was heard on NBC radio and later performed with Glenn Miller and Victor Young. He is survived by one daughter, one son and six grandchildren. Donations to the Lung Foundation, The Alzheimer’s Foundation or to the Society of Singers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut