Virgin Interactive Entertainment prexy Martin Alper, one of computer gaming and entertainment’s most visible CEOs, is being named chairman of the firm, sources said Friday. As a result, he may have to share the duties of running the company with another executive.Alper, a favorite of the gaming community, is one of the developers of “The 7th Guest,” one of the bestselling computer-entertainment titles of all time. Veep/international Tim Chaney, head of the company’s London office, will step in to help Alper run VIE’s day-to-day affairs, including the U.S. market.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania