Virgin Interactive Entertainment prexy Martin Alper, one of computer gaming and entertainment’s most visible CEOs, is being named chairman of the firm, sources said Friday. As a result, he may have to share the duties of running the company with another executive.Alper, a favorite of the gaming community, is one of the developers of “The 7th Guest,” one of the bestselling computer-entertainment titles of all time. Veep/international Tim Chaney, head of the company’s London office, will step in to help Alper run VIE’s day-to-day affairs, including the U.S. market.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London