LONDON — British Sky Broadcasting has appointed Bruce Steinberg as its director of movies and pay-per-view. This newly created post makes Steinberg responsible for BSkyB’s three premium film channels and for the development of its PPV services.Steinberg was previously chief exec of the satellite channels U.K. Gold and U.K. Living. He started his career with MTV Networks in New York before moving to the U.K. as sales and advertising director for MTV Europe. In his new role at BSkyB, he will head the negotiations for PPV deals with the major Hollywood studios, and the renewal of BSkyB’s existing pay TV output deals.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut