ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — Elliot Slutzky has joined Miramax Films as senior vice president and general sales manager, the company announced Wednesday during its luncheon at ShowEast.Last month, Slutzky ankled his post as exec VP of domestic distribution and marketing at Live Entertainment after a disagreement with the company’s new management (Daily Variety, Aug. 27). In his new job at Miramax, Slutzky reports to Neil Blatt, executive veepee of distribution. Also on the team is Mike Rudnitsky, vice president of distribution. “We are so excited to have Elliot come on board,” said Blatt. “His vast experience in the theatrical and homevideo markets will be a great asset to our team.” Slutzky worked at Live for four years and was responsible for video distribution and marketing for North America. Prior to Live, he was president of marketing and distribution for Vision Intl. Inc. and Stone Group, the joint venture between Epic Prods. and actor-producer Michael Douglas’ Stonebridge Entertainment.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut