The North American National Broadcasters Assn. has tapped Arthur Kane, executive director of the Intl. Council of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, as the winner of its inaugural Intl. Achievement Award.The award recognizes a North American broadcaster, leader in telecommunications or a broadcast journalist who has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to the medium. The announcement was made at the Assn.’s recent board and advisory council meetings in Atlanta. The award, a framed piece of Mexican art, will be presented to Kane at the org’s Feb. 8-10 annual general meeting in Los Angeles.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut