SYDNEY — Oz producer-distribber Southern Star has tapped Ian Irvine as chairman of London-based entertainment group Circle Communications.Irvine is a former executive director and co-chairman of Anglo-Dutch publishing conglomerate Reed Elsevier, publishers of Daily Variety. In May, Southern Star announced a $15.5 million friendly takeover of Circle, which includes TV, theater and film production concerns and a co-venture with top TV crime writer Lynda LaPlante. Meantime, the U.K.’s BBC has acquired Southern Star’s 26-part kids actioner “The Wayne Manifesto,” feevee rights to which previously had been sold to the Disney Channel.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut