Alpine Pictures has tapped Jed Nolan senior VP of production and has named Phillip K. Hammond chief financial officer. Responsible for overseeing the company’s various feature productions, Nolan joins Alpine after serving as producer for Shower Prods. and as an indie co-producer for Alpine. Hammond, coming from the Carnation Co., will oversee the company’s financial planning and accounting activities.
* * *Joan Fischer has been named G.M. of Walt Disney Animation Canada Inc., in charge of all creative and production activities at the Toronto and Vancouver studios. Fischer previously was head of business affairs at provincial pubcaster TV Ontario.
* * *Lifetime Television has named Colleen Glynn regional VP, Eastern region, of affil relations, and has tapped Andrea Modafferi and Melanie Skikne regional account directors of affiliate relations. Glynn will handle the region’s activities as they relate to key customers; she joined Lifetime last year. Modafferi hitched up with the women’s cabler in 1989; Skikne’s been with the company since 1993. Also, Sonja Watters has joined the net as regional account manager in the Dallas office.
* * *Brilliant Digital Entertainment has named Pia Proal VP of sales & marketing. In the new position, Proal will spearhead the retail launch of Multipath Movies, a digital entertainment format that allows consumers to change the plots of films as they watch them.
* * *Mike Moraskie has been named director of programming for Mexico outfit the Ramirez Organization, Latin America’s largest cinema circuit.
* * *Court TV has tapped Doug Jacobs executive VP and general counsel. Jacobs joins the courtroom cabler from CBS, where he was VP and deputy counsel.
* * *National Geographic Television has named Cynthia Van Cleef executive producer, children’s programming. The new post consolidates the cabler’s kids’ TV and educational video wings. Van Cleef joined NGT in 1992 and is based in Washington.